Rambling about Holidays, Business, Goals......

The holidays are an interesting time of the year. Interesting in that I'm always glad for them for many reasons, yet, they also bring about conflicting emotions.

Good emotions because of the time of year; not so good because business tends to slow down, it's harder to get appointments, and I'm rarely ready for business to slow down.

Many of us (you) keep ourselves busy with decorating, shopping, parties, etc etc etc. For years I've cleaned my office during this time of year, especially between Christmas and New years; my methodology has been to file what needs to be filed, throw the rest into a big draw and then file or throw away what is necessary later. Not really a good system.

My friend Blair at Prepare1 sent me a posting by Dan Miller recently where Dan focuses on the next year's goals in November. Wow.

So, for the past 2 weeks, I've been pondering and jotting what I want to accomplish in 2011 and then, taking my own advice and establishing not only what I want to accomplish (vision) but the goals and measurements.

Good stuff to ponder and get done during the holidays when I'm not spending time with family; better than filing the piles.

Blessings,

Danny

No comments: