A device to eliminate blind spots are good assessments. I've been using assessments for over 19 years. This began when I read an article about the top 20 loan officers in the U.S. and was struck by all the commonalities. Not necessarily in their marketing and customer base, but other aspects of the people themselves. The search for those commonalities led me to the utilization of over 3,000 assessments as I've worked to help individuals and teams increase their performance and results.
A good assessment will help.....
- give a clear and accurate depiction of where the individual is today
- prepare the individuals for the path and create a map to insure the individual's success
- identify key areas in which the individual needs development
- an individual choose or change careers
- equip teams to function at a highly colaborative level
- manage employee development
- leadership development
- with job fit (whether you're looking for a job, or interviewing others)
- succession planning and talent management
To that end......