Being Personable and Wearing Blue Shirts

Being personable has always been a trait I've wanted to be known for, though many think the scowl on my face is an indication of my attitude and aloofness (it's just the way my face looks and I practice grinning sometimes. Never mind).

Being personable is important. After a meeting on Monday (I'll call him Doug) I followed-up with Doug by email to let him know how much I appreciated his time and would get back with him on his proposal. I also mentioned how good a job I thought he did in the presentation and attention to my concerns.

Doug replied back via voicemail thanking me for the compliment. He later emailed to let me know he was shocked that I complimented him, how unusual for him to receive compliments but wanted me to know how much he appreciated it.

I've done previous business with Doug over the past 8 years and have always found him to be credible, a good communicator, personable and pleasant to do business with. Maybe I'm doing a better job of practicing what I preach.........being more personable myself.

Just rambling this morning. Again.

This is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it a great one and compliment someone!

Danny

And while I like wearing white shirts, Cathy tells me a blue shirt softens my scowl and makes me more approachable. (Love you Babe)

(maybe she'll hear I mentioned her and actually read my blog!)

Danny L. Smith

Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Certified Guerrilla Marketing CoachTM
Impact Leadership Coach
NMLS #138873
Phone: 512-773-6528
Fax: 512-551-0006
Danny@DannyLSmith.com
www.DannyLSmith.com

No comments: