What-could-be can become the new-what-is

People are anxious to improve circumstances, but unwilling
to improve themselves. Therefore they remain bound.
- James Allen in As a Man Thinkth


I was referring Scott Carely and his time management training/coaching to a colleague (Rick) and Rick made a comment about managing emails. He was a bit frustrated about the way his team managed their emails. Later I was telling Scott about the conversation and he commented...yea, the

#1 Time Management distraction: Checking your email first thing
in the morning before you plan your day! 
ALWAYS plan your day around your priorities, not your email.


That was two days ago and I've noticed so much clutter (what-is) because of the way I manage my emails. Yesterday was a good day, less clutter, but "what-is" (email rhetoric) kept yesterday from being "what-could-have-been."

To that end..................today, I'm closing a timing gap by managing email. And I what-could-be becomes a NEW-WHAT-IS! One, bite, at, a, time.

Scott, thanks for the impromptu coaching on Commanding My Daily Routine - I needed that!

1 comment:

Hurdie Burk said...

Plan your action and act on plan stay focused. Easier said then done..