Accountability and Marketing: Part 1

What can I do to make a difference?
- John G. Miller on accountability
author of QBQ (@QBQGuy)
 

Meeting people is a large marketing piece for most readers of this blog. Shaking hands and asking the right questions can be such a good start to a relationship that's profitable on so many levels for everyone. But we have to be aware of the RIGHT questions, and we have to make the right choices. In his book on accountability Miller says "make better choices in the moment by asking better questions."

What can you do to make a difference..in your business, your life, your bank account? What can I do today to make tomorrow or next month more impactful. What marketing choices, in the moment, can you make by asking better questions?

I like questions. I like to ask and be asked questions. Last week I wrote 4 posts on Handshakes; how we tend to waste them and my experience on making them count. And questions are a big part of the handshake. Try to shake-hands without asking a question. It's hard! In QBQ Miller tells stories about asking Incorrect Questions (IQs) vs the right questions (QBQs) to gain the upper-hand in conflict, stress and doubt. 


Through the techniques of QBQ I've learned I can not only eliminate blame, complaining and procrastination, but also gain trust and build better relationships through the impact of my marketing. You can find a list of "weapons" I use to market at Execute to Market Well: #6.

By asking the right questions Miller teaches how to move past the situation by asking the right questions. These questions start with "What" and "How" (instead of "Why" and "When"), contain an I (instead of "they," "them" or "you") and involves ACTION.

Here's an example of the right questions:

What could I have done in the past to have more business today?

How can I get training on today's marketing techniques?

What is my competition doing different than me?

What does God want me to work on today? How does my marketing line-up to scripture? What's the one thing God would want me to do differently?

What are my competitive advantages? What am I trying to accomplish when I walk into a networking event, or when I sit down for a one-to-one?

How can I improve the way I communicate?

What no-cost marketing techniques/weapons could I be using? How can I find out about more high impact low cost ways to market?

What can I do today, tomorrow and next week to increase my deposits next month, next year?

If marketing is everything I do before and after getting the check, what roadblocks are keeping me from marketing-smarter?

In Part 2...............Victim vs Ownership Thinking.


To that end.........What do you do to make a difference? Click "Comments" below and let me know!

Blessings!





Danny L. Smith
Sr. Mortgage Loan Officer
Certified Guerrilla Marketing CoachTM
Impact Leadership Coach
NMLS #138873
Phone: 512-773-6528
Fax: 512-551-0006
Danny@DannyLSmith.com
www.DannyLSmith.com





 

No comments: