Executing to Market Well - #2

To get good results, the small business person and/or single contributor salesperson must be smart with his marketing. For me....I need to take it up the levels of leadership. Leadership is 1st about leading yourself. Marketing myself "well" takes a purpose self-leadership style.

In Saturday's post Get marketing done well by knowing how to execute I quickly summerized the 3 big points of Bossidy/Charan's Execution: The Disclipline of Getting Things Done. Instead of business management, I've applied the processes to marketing....Marketing-Smart.

With subsequent posts over the next few weeks, I'll journal, outline, lay-out and generally write about how we're re-branding and marketing Impact Mortgage Group. And......the results.

Other books/blogs I'll undoubtedly mention in this series will include Platform, Speed of Trust, QBQ, Couragous Follower and Guerrilla Marketing.

Note: my marketing is geared 100% towards Guerrilla type marketing; marketing-smarter-not-harder; hard-core low cost and high impact.

This is a "living" document and I'm looking forward to what I learn in the process.

The 3 processes I'll apply:
  • People Process: myself, Austen and others in my sphere of incluence that choose to help us market...more on that later but no one can get good results without help from others.
  • Strategy Process: our marketing plan itself: the standard 7 step Guerrilla Marketing plan with a robust evaluation and correction 8th step (big part of Operations Process). Plus, WEAPONS, WEAPONS, WEAPONS....strategy must include the weapons you'll be using.
  • Operations Process: getting it done. The actual work; how it is practiced...the operations to get the markting done. Note: this is the hard part - weaving the planning and people into the practice.
Each of these processes are important, but none more so than the other. Yes, people are always involved, but we normally don't think nor work with a people process mindset. Executing well requires a different thought process.


To that end.......think differently!

...and comment below on what you do to stay engaged in your marketing. Or..comment on how you've used processess. Did they work?

Danny


Who do you trust with your mortgage referrals?

No comments: