Ponder this - Do you know why you want to do what you want to do?

Do you know why you want to do what you would like to do?
This is the motives question - John C. Maxwell in
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth

I enjoy repeating some things. A good book is one of them. A discussion about a good book is like adding a creamy frosting to an already delicious cake. A discussion with an engaging individuals is like adding Blue Bell Moolinium ice cream.

Last night was one of those discussions. I've been through Maxwell's newest book The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth a few times the past 3 months, but this morning I woke with a question in my head -

Do I know why I want to do what I want to do?

This question is one of 6 questions on "How to Find Your Passion and Purpose" in The Law of Awareness chapter.

Do I know why I want to do what I want to do? This leads me to think "What energizes me? What is my passion? Should I only do what energizes me, what is my passion? Am I doing what I'm called to do? If not, what am I called to do?" I heard Tim Keller say recently "even if you are stuck in a job you don't like, it can still be God's calling while you look for a job that energizes you."

I'm thankful for that attitude, to be thankful, and to ponder why I want I want to do what I want to do. Even if I'm doing it. To know "why."

To that end..........

 

No comments: