Execute to Market Well: #8 Evaluate and Correct

Unless I can make this plan happen,
it's not going to matter.
- Bossidy/ Charan in
"Execution: the Disclipline of
Getting Things Done


The previous post specific to Marketing Well was on the "top 3 most important marketing things to do; Execute, Execute, Execute."

I wrote that post in frustration, 12 days ago, because I was NOT marketing well. I was letting other things get in the way of EXECUTING my marketing plan. 12 days later and.......I'm still not marketing well.
 


 So, this brings me to the EIGHTH step of a good 7 Step Marketing Plan -

Robust Evaluating and Correcting
 

1st....understand, or at least accept that I want to get good results. I want to make a difference and a profit. I want to succeed. I want to make deposits.

So, I'm have to spend time evaluating. I take marketing very serious and I don't want to keep doing the same STUPID things over and over. Thus, I need to know the GOOD STUFF. What did I do right?

What purpose does it serve?  It uncovers blind spots and blind spots are called blind spots for a reason. And I want to Correct my behavior. To do so, I have to ask the question...

How was my "marketing behavior?"

Let's find out.........

I'm taking a paper calendar....(paper and pen just works better for me in this case). I look over my shoulder? Literally.

Did I do what it took to draw attention my way? Sometimes......I'm writing it all down; bullet points. Did I take a loan application? Yes. Were did that loan application come from? What caused the person to call "ME?" Did she meet me somewhere, or was it a referral? A referral. How many levels down? I write it down...it helps to know this for future "thoughts."

What marketing did I do last week? I look back through my emails, my appointments, my receipts....my phone calls....I write this all on the paper calendar (by-the-way, it's a print-out of my Outlook caledar).

Drawing attention (inbound marketing) is important to my marketing strategy process. I'm also looking back through Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter; what all did I post? What responses did I get back? Did anyone repost/retweet my stuff?

Writing it down.

Who were the new people I met last week? Did I put them into my database? What about other face-to-face contacts? Did I follow-up with an email, add to LinkedIn, engage in discussions on LinkedIn, Facebook and/or Twitter.

This takes all of 15-20 minutes to see where I've been, what I've done. My business depends upon new prospects. I can't prospect if I'm not in front of people. I can't make that deposit tomorrow, next week or next month if I don't meet people today.

But, I MUST follow-up, follow-through. Meeting someone is important, but it's a waste of time if I just meet them and don't build a relationship; thus, a good follow-up/through system. My system includes emails and social media. It includes sharing others' posts and blog articles. They are all weapons I use to build relationships, make a difference and a profit.

Now, I take all this info and work on tomorrow and this week's Calendar.


To that end....


Danny L. Smith
Mortgage Loan Officer
Certified Guerrilla Markting CoachTM
512-773-6528 | Danny@DannyLSmith.com
www.DannyLSmith.com

 

 

No comments: