Margins....must have margins, more margins. And clarity.

My daughter, Sunne, texted me one Sunday morning in 2009 that "you have to listen to Tim's sermon series" about margins." I did, and re-listened this past March.

Since that text I've also read the book Tim Hawks recommended "In Search of Balance: Keys to a Stable Life." Those lessons have been instrumental in practicing and living out God's plan these past 2 1/2 years.

In essence....like water in a glass, if I'm too full, I'll overflow when as the day and week builds. Eventually, something's going to get wet and it's rarely a good thing. I need margins.

Michael Hyatt wrote a piece yesterday about margins and mentioned "clarity." Clarity's another big thing for me (one of those trust behaviors)...being clear about my purpose. That purpose isn't just a big holy audacious goal purpose, but today's purpose, this morning's purpose. The type of purpose I need when one-day-at-a-time is too long and I need to just be purposeful about putting one-foot-in-front-of-another type purpose (and being purposeful about where I'm stepping purpose).

Margins are a big deal. Clarity gives what fills my glass focus.

To that end.....

No comments: