Communicate Well by Deluting the Junk!

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to
entertain a thought without accepting it.
- Aristotle

I'm a bit hung-up on the talking-to-yourself lately and don't apologize. How I communicate with myself is important to having a propensity to trust myself and others. And it's important to have that propensity to trust (trust well, but trust!...I'm reminded of Ronald Reagan's trust but verify).

Almost a year ago I wrote a post about strategic thinking leadership and this post connects in many ways with that...

Notice that Aristotle (above) did not say an "educated person" but rather a trained or educated mind. Hence, a disciplined way of thinking,

As we think, we're talking to ourselves - as we're talking to ourselves, we're thinking about how good or bad we....(you get the picture). We have to pay attention to the noice, the talk, going on in our heads.

Hint....it's many times better to have some "easy listening" music going just to drown out the thoughts going on it our heads. Can't sleep at night? Plug in a good sermon and let your pastor put you to sleep.

Heck, I can't wait to get to heaven for a number of reasons. And when I do, I look forward to eventually running into some pastors (McArthur, Piper, Keller, Hawks, Chan, Carter....) and let them know how much I enjoyed their teachings and how they even helped me sleep.

To that end.......discipline yourself by deluting the junk!

No comments: