Whoa Whoa Whoa..What Did You Just Say?

Have you taken the online test for Adult ADD? I've decided to pay attention after a recent disussion with Sunne (my daughter) in which she made a statement and I immediately (or so I thought) replied "whoa whoa whoa, what did you just say?" She repeated what she thought I was referring to (what she had just said) only for us both to realize I was more than a few words behind in the conversation.

Work with me here.

She had made a comment, I locked on to that comment and tried for at least 60 seconds to rationalize/comprehend/get-a-grip-on it, and when I finally asked "whoa....," she was way down the road into her story, which I still have no idea what it was about because I...never mind.

The comment that locked me up, and out of what else she was saying was -

"....well, my Adult ADD kicked in and like the guy teaching the calm marriage class at church said 'many adults with ADD want, but don't demand, organization. And when they don't have it they tend to become overwhelmed which leads to a form of depression and then they just go through the motions and let the world pass them by."

Do you think you have blind spots? I've learned, through some serious trial and error, that I have big ones. And I know this because I've been blindsided so many times and whether it is blind trust, or just being naive, well, they're there. For me anyway.

I'm looking into this Adult ADD thing; assessment, test, this has got to be more than just a personality problem!

Blessings,

Danny

No comments: