Godin, Trust ....and not being lazy!

As do a few hundred thousand others, I enjoy reading Seth Godon's Blog, and today he hit home with a very short post titled Where does trust come from?

Godin nailed it right up front with a hint.....it never comes from the good times and from the easy projects.

This week I've had the pleasure of working through some good times, projects, files, conflict. In some of it I was a sounding board, some good, some not-so-good, but all of it included people and/or processes.

And through it all, I came out with a bit of knowledge of who and what I can trust, and at what level I need to be checking on what I'm expecting. I know if I get lazy about trusting, I'll get burned...that's just the way it is. BUT, as Godin eludes...it's those engaged well in the battles we stand with.

To that end....tell the truth in ways in can be verified!


How about you....what causes you to trust?


No comments: