8 Step Marketing and Action Plan

While every business needs a big picture Marketing Plan, I call this a DAILY marketing and action plan because it is daily that you get things done. Actually, it is moment by moment we get things done, but that's too tightly wound for some of us and just might cause me to go back to bed some days.

On a daily basis, answer these questions (in writing helps) -

1. what is the purpose of today's plan? What is it I'm attempting to accomplish?

2. what are the benefits of the service and product I'm selling? How does the customer benefit by buying from me?

3. who is my targeted audience today?

4. where/what is my niche? How am I going to set myself apart from my competition today?

5. what marketing weapons am I going to use today? What weapons do I use and need to sharpen and be more focuses with?

6. what is my "identity" today? What 3 or 4 adjectives best describe you? (this needs to be consistent, but you should be improving)

7. what is my budget today?

And finally, the 8th step to ask at the end of the day -

8. Can I carry put action to this plan? (evaluate forward) How well did I carry out my marketing plan yesterday? Last week? Last month?

Identify what you are doing well. Identify what you aren't doing well. How can you improve? Use TASKS Based Goal Setting disciplines to help you learn, improve and change.

This marketing plan/list is best used if treated as a circle of 8 things to come back to everyday as you work towards short and long-term goals.

To that end...make something great happen today.

No comments: