The marketplace is to a metropolis what the heart is to the human body

Ending this first week of 2011 and reflecting on my results, or lack of, I've realized that I've gotten a more done that I first thought. This reflection has led me to review my goals, values, mission and measurements of them all. That, in turn, led me to notes I took on this book beginning in 2007 and reread in early 2010.

Over the past 20 years (that just brought up another realization) I've read over 4,000 pages about God and the workplace and was likely a bit lathargic when I first read Annointed for Business. Silvoso's book has become a more important read than I originally thought.
The Introduction puts a good perspective on being Annointed for Business -

The marketplace.....is to a metropolis what the heart is to the human body. Yet millions of men and women who have been called to ministry in the marketplace feel like second-class citizens when compared to those who serve in a church or missionary context, and they often fail to rise to their God-appointed position. It is time to give marketplace people their rightful validation as full-fledged ministers, because the last revival - the one prophsied by Joel and quoted by Peter in Acts 2:17-21 - will take place all over the city and not just inside a church building.

To that end.....

No comments: