Blogger in 7 Minutes

I wrote Why Blog? recently and was surprised about the number of people who were surprised that I used the Blogger platform. Blogging can be a very important weapon in your arsenal. My platform choice for 5 years has been Blogger. It is simple, easy to use and quick to get up and running (see video).


I've tried to go to more robust (so the critics say) platforms, but each time, due to the agile and simplistic ease of use, I keep coming back to Blogger


Here's a video on becoming a Blogger in 7 Minutes.


Small business owners and single contributor sales/marketing types must use high impact / low cost marketing. If you have expertise in your field..if you have a customer stories to tell...if you can describe your benefits...if you want to stand out in your profession..if you want all the other things I mentioned in Why Blog?........BLOG!




To that end....

3 comments:

Blaiir Evan Ball said...

I'm a WordPress user, paid version. I chose this to build inbound links and rank higher in Google. Blogger/WordPress offer free services as you demonstrate here, and easy to set up and you don't have to be a techie. You can get up and running quickly, no cost, just time.
In a search engine world my strategy has been to position myself and company to rank higher than my competitors, that's why I chose paid to build inbound links to my site sooner rather than later.
Boils down to your business goals, objectives and your strategy to achieve them.

DannyLSmith said...

Thanks for comment Blair. This blogger thing has been a struggle for many people; blog, not blog, why, why not, which do I use, he said / she said, do I use a blog as my website, or not, do I write the posts myself, have someone do them for me, pull from my industry sources, how do I blend my blog in with my Tweets, what is the purpose of my blog, what is a back link, what is SEO, how can so many consultants say they can get me on 1st page of Google, really...

Blogging can be a big distraction for a small business owner; I coach him/her to keep it simple, look professional, take it one step at a time, and build a relationship with it first. Then go from holding hands to 2nd and 3rd base. They can try for the SEO home run when the time's right.

business coaching said...

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clarity in your post is just excellent and i could assume you are an expert on this subject. Well with your permission allow me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.