Investment in People vs Technology

Are you paying as much attention to the improvement of yourself and your people as you are your technology and other assets?


Probably not according to author and experts Bill Conaty and Ram Charan in their new bestseller Talent Masters; Why Smart Leaders Put People Before Numbers.


In recommending the book, Jack Welch states "enduring principles and powerful practices combine in this must-read human resource manifesto for leaders at every level."

Chapter 1 begins with If businesses managed their money as carelessy as they manage their people, most would be bankrupt.

Years ago I heard an expert say "America trains in classes, hires in masses and throws them out on roller-blades." This statement has stuck with me as I practiced my own hiring and training processes and since then I have ran over 5,000 assessments while hiring, coaching and training employees (my own and other companies).

Sadly, these statements mentioned above are too standard and practiced by too many. And what's even more prevailant is the lack of knowledge that it is even going on.

Thus my focus and mission of RP2's coaching, training and consulting agenda.

Blessings,

Danny


No comments: