Running the numbers

How much do you think it comes down to the numbers? Not just "know" or just being aware, but really thinking into the results of the numbers.  

Running the numbers.

I know, it's not ALL about the numbers. It is about how you get the numbers. But it is about the numbers because you need the numbers to get to the results you want.

Right? Right. Argue with me, but don’t reject me until you’ve worked yourself through the process. Don't reject me until you understand what I'm talking about here. I know it’s also about how we get the numbers. But if we aren’t thinking into the results…..purposeful thinking into our results…results we’re getting and results we want…if we aren’t thinking into the results really well, we tend to forget about the numbers and just go through the motions.



Yet….and I’ll say this from a personal/1st person point-of-view….when I’m running my numbers, I get clarity with the numbers. For instance - with a 3:1 ratio instead of a 5:1 ratio, I only need to meet 18 people per week instead of 50! Whoa. That’s a big deal. I know that I just need to get better at the sales and marketing conversation. That conversation that starts when we shake hands and continues online, on the phone, online, online, face-to-face, online, online, etc, etc, etc...staying engaged enough so I'm top-of-mind when they do need my services.

I just need to get better at the PROCESS. I need to get better connecting with PEOPLE. I need to pay better attention to my PLATFORMS. I need to know my PURPOSE when I doing-all-that-I’m-doing. And I need to improve my PERCEPTION. The 5 Pillars of Sales and Marketing: People, Processes, Platforms, Purpose and Perception.

Is your PERCEPTION changing? Why am I pushing the perception thing? I’m pushing it because I know one can become a WORLD FAMOUS SALES PERSON. 

What does it take to be a World Class Sales Person? In his book “Fish,” John Christenson tells about how the Pike’s Place Fish Market in Seattle became world famous. I know that’s a bit far-fetched to think that anyone could become a world famous SALESPERSON. But, yes, as far-fetched as it seems, you can. I can. You might already be world famous about something. In your world.
Pike’s Place Fish Market is, it’s world famous….in the world of the people that have experienced Pike’s Place Fish Market……they-are-famous-in-that-world and the world those people are in. And famous in a great way.

You can be a world famous _________________________ (title rep, salesperson, insurance agent, realtor, loan officer, account manager, business development exec, coach, executive, CEO, accountant, assistant, etc, etc, etc). In YOUR WORLD that’s in your head and with those people you come in contact you can be world famous.

Christensen says to be world famous, that part in your head…what I call PERCEPTION, he says it’s about…when you’re in front of people…it’s about
  • Being there
  • Playing
  • Making their day
  • and Choosing your attitude.
How’s that for perception?

It’s still about the numbers….when you’re getting ready for the day, it’s about the numbers……and then, when you hit the streets…it’s about being there, playing, making people’s day and choosing your attitude.

It’s about the numbers until you’re in front of people and then, it’s no longer about the numbers.
Grab FISH and you’ll understand what I’m talking about. It’s a great, quick read.

To that end....your numbers.

No comments: