Some things I just do..everyday (even if I miss a day)

I ran across an old blog post that reminded me of some changes I've made to my Daily/Everyday To-Do List.

There are certain things I need to do everyday, though I do miss a day here and there.

  1. Journaling; authentic style
  2. 5-10 minute review of yesterdays calendar, emails and phone log. I do this with a pen in hand expecting to remember things about interactions/engagements with people
  3. Emails to people I've met recently. Note - I normally wait 2 or 3 days after meeting them for the 1st time (see Stop-Wasting-Handshakes resources for more detail)
  4. Add/Update to database (CRM)
  5. 15 minutes of social media posting. Schedule post for the day, week and month. Retweet/share post of those in my spheres of influence
  6. Write 5-10 minutes of a blog post. 
  7. Look at today's calendar, flagged emails and tasks
  8. Add to To-List; no more than 6 real to-do items for today 
  9. Emails
And I'm now prepared for the day.
These are not all habits, but choices I make to eventually develop habits and build myself out in front of my business so I can have the freedom to live life and not live "in" my business.

1 comment:

Kyle Bailey said...

Danny, I love this! I do several of these, but what a great reminder. I'm sharing this...thanks so much!

Kyle