What Makes a Good Group? Or...ask What and not Why.

I've been in various types of groups, for many different reasons and when I think of "groups" I don't get that excited. But then, I'm not a group type person and besides, there sure seems to be a lot of wasted energy in groups; some groups are called "meetings."
Lincioni wrote the excellent book Death by Meeting a few years ago; I might write one someday called Death by Group.

But, two groups I'm involved in right now are BNI-360 and CBLG and I've hit a couple of homeruns with these. Another great group I'm getting involved in is Austin's Metropolitan Breakfast Club. The weekly 1 1/2 hour meetings, along with some follow-ups, is time and money well spent;
amazing energy and group of individuals....no death, all living. It's a blessing I've hit on these meetings...but why is it that others have told me they don't go to such gatherings because they don't get anything out of them?

That's a subject for another posting. So, what does this have to do with Collaborative Focus Groups? EVERYTHING. A Collaborative Focus Group is designed to be engaging and results driven. Participants will gain life changing information (though parts of it is "back-to-the-basics) , collaborate with others on that application, and robustly evaluate and correct their results.

RP2's CFGs are NOT a peer-to-peer group in the typical peer-to-peer sort of way. The groups are typically made up of individuals at various stages of their careers, multi-generational, and in varying positions within different types of companies.

As a former CEO of a 700+ organization I learned as much from those way down the org chart as I have from peers; probably more. I'll take anyone with an interest and heart in getting better and talking straight; no matter his/her age or rank.

Blindspots? We all have them and a Collaborative Focus Group, with its multi generational/positional make-up is ideal for exposure and learning how to work around or through them.

For more about RP2's Collaborative Focus Groups, email or call me at danny@rp2development.com or 512-773-6528.

To that end.....

No comments: