Failure Has Benefits....

One of the best books I've even "not" read is Maxwell's Failing Forward. 

I haven't read it, know I should, but have it and I have reviewed it. I've also read numerous quotes John's made about it. (I'm pulling it out to put in my 'need to read soon' stack)

My friend John Griffin told me our mutual mentor Paul Martinelli hit him with the Success Cycle recently: Test, Fail, Learn, Improve, Re-Enter. (I have that written on a post-it note inside my daily planner and look at it numerous times a day)

Personally, I think action around "anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you can learn to do it well" will propel one towards an incredible amount of getting things done. Add the Success Cycle and the possibilities are endless. 

Ha! Failure! It's an event, not a person. Most of us just don't get that. We don't know how to make failure work for us.

Friend and colleague Hurdie Burk were talking about his Business Warrior initiative and I was drilling him on his intentions for the group and whether I was willing to invest the time and money. Hurdie knows success isn't just about moving forward, it's about picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and trying it again.

Needless to say, he nailed it because I can't wait for his new group to start.

And to add value, he then sent me the Google post...The Surprising Benefits of Failure. 

To that end.............#BuildItOutInFront



No comments: