My #1 robber is called "I don't feel like it"



I suspect procrastination robs most of us of more than we’ll ever know. My number 1 robber is called “I don’t feel like it.” 

How much is procrastination robbing you and what’s their names?

Take this assessment and find out -


Indicate the degree to which YOU agree with the statement by entering the number that best describes you;        

3 = Usually     2 = Sometimes    1 = Rarely

_____ I work best when I am under pressure because of a tight deadline.


_____ I tend to put off starting a task which seems complex 


_____ I can't get done what I need due to distractions.



_____ I take measures to delay making a difficult decision or taking an unpleasant action.


_____ I allow myself to get over-committed and then have difficulty following through.


_____ If it's not my idea, I tend to delay taking action.


_____ Anxiety/worry over success/failure prevents me from starting or implementing a difficult action.


_____ I wait to feel like it….for the spark of inspiration before I can start or finish something.


_____ I delay working on things because I have such high standards and I fear I can’t meet them.


_____ I try to put difficult things out of my mind, hoping that if I don’t think about them, they’ll go away.


_____ I put off doing things which I think will be judged by others.


_____ There’s never enough time to do the whole task, so I wait.


_____ I think of ways to talk myself out of things I dislike, yet, they’re important to achieving my goals.


_____ Getting organized is hard, so time just flies by without my having completed important tasks.


_____ I’ll do almost anything to avoid an unpleasant interaction



_____ Total





A score over 28 indicates a dysfunction that probably needs to be addressed and would likely lead to greatly improved performance.



A score of 20 to 27 indicates some dysfunction that could result in better performance if addressed.



A score of 19 or less indicates little if any dysfunction as it relates to procrastination.



Any statement with a score of 3 indicates a dysfunction in that particular area.



Call ‘em what you want, all 3s are demons and need to be put down.


To that end......let me know if you'd like this in a worksheet.

No comments: