Re-Purposing Purpose

There's a lot of "stuff" going on about Purpose, Mission, Vision and Calling. What one means to you can be quite different than mine. Subsequently, Mission to me has been the same as Purpose or Vision how you've used it.

Just trying to explain the confusion is confusing. I'm reminded of an English 101 course I took through the University of Hawaii during my Navy stint. I used "drinking" in a paper and while I was referring to "drinking alcohol," the Professor had no clue. In her culture drinking was drinking; pouring a liquid down one's throat. I received a F.

To that point, I'm re-purposing my terminology to be more specific and hopefully achieve congruency. Simply put....

1. I'm dropping any official use of Mission

2. Vision: a present view of the future.

3. Calling: how "I'm called according to God's purpose."

4. And finally........Purpose; whether an all-in/life-plan Purpose, or the Purpose for setting down to write this blog post. Purpose. What's my/your Purpose for "x."



Simply put.


To that end...........be Purposeful about what you're doing in the present.

No comments: