Critical Choice #5

You've got to choose to have the right support and higher expertise
- Choice #2

Having the right support includes being accountable to the right person. Accountability is a strange discipline. Having the RIGHT accountability is a matter of respect and trust in the accountability "role." The role is held by someone that cares for you and is truly interested in helping you raise your lid.


People I'm accountable to at work aren't the same people I'm willing to be accountable to in my personal life. A coach I pay to hold me accountable in areas of personal development and growth is different than a person I'm accountable to for spiritual matters.

I'm accountable to my wife Cathy in many ways, but that accountability doesn't work for everything.....it's a long way from everything! Ha! And she doesn't want to hold me accountable for everything!....thank goodness.

Only allow people to hold you accountable that are "right." 

A side note....don't tell just anyone your goals and dreams. Share them only with people that care about you (even if they're paid to care) and can energize you towards achieving those goals and dreams.

Work through this, practice thinking into the results you want around your accountability.


To that end....it's a choice.

No comments: