Do I know why I want to do what I want to do?

Do you know why you want to do what you would like to do?
This is the motives question - John C. Maxwell in
The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth

I enjoy repeating some things. A good book is one of them. A discussion about a good book is like adding a creamy frosting to an already delicious cake. A discussion with a really engaging individual is like adding Blue Bell Moolinium ice cream.

This blog post is a bit of a repeat of a post back in 2012 but last night was one of those discussions with Trey Hertel. Great discussion about leadership that I'll discuss later.

For now, I just want reiterate a bit about

Do I really know why I want to do what I want to do?

This question is one of 6 questions on "How to Find Your Passion and Purpose" in The Law of Awareness chapter in The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. I've been through this book at least 9 times over the past 17 months, but this morning I woke with a question in my head -

What energizes me?

Do I know why I want to do what I want to do? What is my passion? Should I only do what energizes me, what is my passion? Am I doing what I'm called to do? If not, what am I called to do?"

I heard Tim Keller say "even if you are stuck in a job you don't like, it can still be God's calling while you look for a job that energizes you."

I'm thankful for that attitude, to be thankful, and to ponder why I want I want to do what I want to do.

To know "why."

To that end..........

No comments: