I hate goal setting

What do you do when goal setting doesn't work?

I don't "hate" many things, but I do hate goal setting. When I set goals I don't set any past this Friday. Seriously..too many things are going on that could get in the way and thinking about the whole "process of goal setting wears me out."

But, I'm driven. Very driven. But not by goals.

Scott Carley helped me with some of this by defining different types of goals. There are some wants, desires, "thing...s" I'm working on, they're just not goals (and this isn't a word-game for me). Goals are supposed to be set and reset (wears me out). 

 I do lists though, and they're in circles. Not figuratively, just the way I think about them. I keep coming back to them as I go through the day, the week. Ha, sometimes things I have on my list never get done and life goes on! They don't have to have specific time-tables (they just get done when they're supposed to get done, or not and I suffer the consequences).

 But, I'm driven. Very driven.

I'm driven by dreams. Big dreams, little dreams. Some might call my dreams passions, desires, ambitions, purpose.

To me though, they're Dreams. I'm driven by my dreams and I put them to the test, every day. Those goal things, they just get accomplished along the way as I grow into my dreams.

Dreams I've had and gotten, I wasn't big enough to get them when they first became dreams. But I grew into them. There've been some lost because I quit growing. The growing stopped when I quit dreaming, and wasn't big enough...I needed to grow through my lid and didn't. Gulp.

I've got some dreams now that I need to grow into because I'm not big enough right now. LOL, yes..physically, but not mentally , emotionally and spiritually.

I need to grow in my TASKS. How I spend my Time, change my Attitude, improve my Skills, increase (or uncover) my Knowledge and develop my Style.

And it's all fueled by dreams.

BHADs. Big Holy Audacious Dreams.


To that end.....make it a GREAT day.

No comments: