Enlarging tents and strengthening those around you

“Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, 
do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes."
- Isaiah 54:2

I've read Isaiah a few times but have never really camped-out on this verse before. In a meeting last week with John Robertson, CEO of LeadershipID / Align3Cubed, John (@jrobertsonlead) mentioned Isaiah 54:2 and it's stuck with me.

Colliding with that this morning have been thoughts around The Law of the Inner Circle. I looked up what Maxwell says about applying that law:

1. Who do I seek out for advice, turn to for support and/or rely on to help me get things done? (some are employees, but they are also family members, networking partners, others)

2. Am I doing the following with these inner circle members?
  • Spending extra time to mentor and develop relationships?
  • If appropriate, giving them extra responsibility and place higher expectations on them?
  • Again, if appropriate, giving them credit when things go well and holding them accountable when they don't?
Enlarge my tent, stretch my curtains, lengthen my cords, strengthen my stakes - great application in which to apply The Law of the Inner Circle.

To that end....

Without guidance, a people will fall, but there is
victory with many counselors - Prov 11:14

2 comments:

Carle Aldrete said...

Spending extra time mentoring and developing relationship. Given them extra and expecting more. Today I begin to hold them accountable. Metrics in place and I am on the board too.

This is great Danny. Thank you!!

DannyLSmith said...

It's great watching you grow Carle, and thanks for the comments and added value: metrics and being on board!

Question for you...if you could ask John Maxwell a question, what would it be?