What-is vs what-could-be

Your environment will drain or energize your impact on today

I reflect on "what-is", and wonder about "what-could-be." What-is: I have a lot of ideas and lot's of things going on and lot's I want to do each day. What-could-be: making a bigger difference and making money doing it and being less stressed in the process.

Yesterday I did a better than normal job of focusing. That was due primarily to

1. cleaning up some clutter on and around my desk,
2. working at not creating more and
3. very purposefully working my calendar; not just yesterday's, but today, tomorrow and the rest of the month

I recognized (a little help from the Holy Spirit I'm sure) that what should be done on a regular basis might get done with more impact if I'd just go ahead and schedule it. Little recurring events like - reviewing calendar the night before, writing blog posts, walking Bubba, inputting new names into CRM, social media, follow-up with recent face-to-face contacts, returning emails that are non-active client related, etc, etc, etc. That also includes those events that have a direct impact on my income; reviewing loan files!

Scheduling plenty of margins in my calendar is important to my positive impact also.

Thanks to Coach Scott Carley for that reminder about "planning your day with your calendar before reviewing emails." Thanks Scott.

So, I spent time on that last night and hopefully have less clutter today. Thus, a more energizing environment to work in today and what-could-be could happen!



To that end.............blessings and influence well today.

 

No comments: