Execute to Market Well: #5

A bit of rambling in this post. I'm a big picture type of person and have extreme difficulty focusing on ONE part of my marketing strategy.

Actually, after having wrote that last statement, I realize it's not true. I could stay engaged in the Weapons all-day-long-every-day. But that's not good. To continue.....though I'm might regularly engaged one particular area, everything else is close-at-hand.....more-or-less, maybe.



It's hard to imagine, that I get anything really accomplished with such a practice. But it has generally worked well for me when I don't stay in the details too long. When I get bogged down in the details I'll get lethargic and over think things way too much. The accomplishments typically come from engaging people and strategy into my operations.....using the resources I have available to get the little, minute things that MUST get done. And....working/executing from a plan.

And, there many times accomplishments (business) comes from the fact I'm just doing something!


By myself, I'd just operate operate operate...get a lot started, but aimlessly never get most things finished. This does lead to more praying than I might do otherwise, and we all need devine intervention!

The past few days I've been thinking and talking about my marketing purpose. I've written numerous marketing purpose statements and finally put one out on the previous post. It's probably not the final version of the "big" picture statement (there will be smaller/project driven statements).

I've also thought a bit about "benefits" and "target." The benefits, not meaning to sound pompous comes pretty easy, but I'll spend time on it before laying it out here.

Now, the weapons are much easier to define but will be the most time consuming to properly lay out and engage the 3 processes of people, operations and strategy. The weapons are where sales and/or marketing people live, yet, without a purposeful strategy and the operations around that strategy, we're shooting from the hip and few of us are good enough to hit the target from that angle.

One final ramble for today.....all of this is driven by a Guerrilla Marketing / Hi-Impact-Low-Cost / Market-Smarter-Not-Harder mindset.

To that end.........anything worth doing is worth doing poorly until you can do it well; how else would one reach perfection?

Danny
512-773-6528
Danny@DannyLSmith.com




No comments: