Marketing vs Selling and Are We Always?

Talk Straight But Leave the Right Impresstion

Stephen M.R. Covey

Whether you know it or not you're marketing yourself every day. And to lots of people! You're marketing yourself in a quest to make a sale, warm up a relationship, get a job, get connected, get something you deserve. You're always sending messages about yourself.

Jay Conrad Levinson, Father of Guerrilla Marketing

I'm off-site this week and running behind on postings and updates. But....I've had some interesting conversations and comments about Selling vs Marketing AND whether or not we are always marketing and/or selling.
That exchange was rattling around this morning, which led to the following postings on Twitter (@DannyLSmith), which led to a few reTweets and DMs -

- Not responding back to people is bad marketing. Be sure your selling the impression you want.


- Everyone is always marketing, and that leads to not being able to sell.


- Trust includes "talk straight but leave the right impression." Is the impression you are leaving what you mean to sell?


More rattling led me to "who am I kidding? Of course we are always marketing!!"

So, while some of the arguements the past few days and hours have been about whether or not we are always marketing....yes, we are always marketing.

I'm sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. My bad and apologies to all including  Kate Stewart (@GoldScaffold) and Jay Conrad Levinson/Mitch Meyerson (my Guerrilla Marketing coaches).


To that end.....

Danny

No comments: