How to Grow, Manage and Optimise Your Internet Empire by ViperChill

This is an abbreviated version of the article posted at ViperChill. Hmmm....I believe you'll notice a similiarities with other parts of life.

How to Grow, Manage and Optimise Your Internet Empire

Posted: 22 Nov 2010 05:57 AM PST

This is an article I’ve been waiting a long time for somebody else to write. Over the years, I’ve changed how I manage my online projects so drastically that I wished someone would come along and say, “Okay, Glen, this is how it’s done.” Sadly, that just never happened.

Instead of waiting around for some perfect solution – though there probably isn’t one – I decided to share with you all, the strategy which helps me to do what I do. Although my system is by no means perfect (and you should really just use the things you think will help you), it is the most effective I’ve found after years of running popular websites. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two from you all in the comments as well.

Day-to-Day Operations

This section is going to look at my advice for dealing with the day-to-day tasks of your online business. It’s so easy to get caught up the finer details and trying to be everywhere that you miss the bigger picture. Trust me when I say that I’ve found, from experience, the finer details should always be your last concern, and trying to be everywhere leaves you nowhere.

  • Don’t Work on Too Many Projects
  • Don’t Only Work on Sites Which Depend on You
  • Create a Space for Important Information
  • Quickly Identify the Best Use of Your Time
  • Limit Your Distractions
Finances

Although there’s a stigma against saying that you want to make as much money as you can, the goal with your internet empire should be to do exactly that. Of course; making as much money as you can in an ethical manner. It’s not worth making a lot of money from your audience in one shot if you’re going to dissuade them from making future purchases with you.


  • As Soon As You Make Money, Get Advice
  • Keep Your Strategy In Mind
  • If You Can Do Something Yourself, Do It
  • Track Your Expenses
  • Re-Invest as Much as You Can
  • Don’t Buy Anything You Don’t Need

  • Again, this is a cut and paste (abbreviated) version of the original. Good stuff about running any business.

    Blessings

    No comments: