The Biggest Trouble With Trouble.....

Dr. Charlie Shedd, author of Letters to Karen and Letters to Philip, once said "the biggest trouble with trouble is that it keeps us expecting more trouble."

My dad would train his dogs and horses to not shy from the sound of a gun-shot. Years later, the need for that training became apparent when we bought a Collie and he would hear firecrackers and go absolutely nuts trying to get in the house he was so scared.

Failures in life can be like gun-shots. We are taught about succeeding and we hear about "when you get knocked down, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and getting going again." But how many times, and what does it do to your attitude? I've talked, written, and tweeted about "what you say when you talk to yourself." That is actually the name of a book I have by Shad Helmstetter and it was the first book my wife ever saw me purchase 25 years ago. She was wondering "what?" The techniques in the book helped me through some things then and have many times since. Without getting into a deep positive-mental-attitude agenda, we do need to be careful about what we think, what we say to ourselves, the "pictures we have in our head."

Remember that "failure is an event, not a person." (Zig)

Today, let's expect great things! Today is the day my Lord has made and I'll rejoice and be glad in it.

To that end.....God Bless

No comments: